Welcome

It is my hope that through this blog I can share experiences and challenges from day to day life.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

12 weeks to go....

So here I sit. Now at 27 weeks, and aside from a very strong cough a few weeks ago, we have had a very smooth uneventful pregnancy. It is hard to believe that in 12 weeks or less we will have another baby boy.  Praise the Lord!! I sit here writing one foot swollen and the other normal.  My upper body and belly much larger at 27 weeks than with the 2nd pregnancy. My belly looks more like a large beach ball and often feels much heavier. Thank fully I have only gained 14 pounds and baby is VERY active.

They say no 2 pregnancies are alike.  I can vouch for that. I see the Doctor this coming Monday, and will have go through the wonderful normal 28 week tests, but I have resolved to be okay with it all.  I really do not like the blood sugar test, but I think I will be fine. I really want to show the doctor wrong.  ;)

I really can't complain and I don't. I think from what others tell me I am actually experiencing a "normal" pregnancy.  It is still hard to take in. It is getting harder to move around. I have moments of absentmindedness, which hubby likes to tease about. I am thankful for smaller children willing come to my rescue and pick up things off the floor so I don't have to try and bend down. I have hot flashes at night, and according to hubby and daughter I snore something awful--you try sleeping with someone laying on top of you....

I can't help being thankful for the smoothness of this pregnancy, and how God has answered prayer. And although I try not to think about it too much, I can't help but look back. 8 yrs ago at this time in pregnancy  I was in the hospital with complications and doctors not knowing what was wrong. That of course--a week later resulted in Josh coming into this world at 28 weeks. 5 years ago at this time in pregnancy I had just gotten over a severe flu virus (given to me by same son) and was soon to experience a whole round of new symptoms in the 3rd trimester. Even so, the 2nd pregnancy made it to week 38, when Shelby had to come due to not enough amniotic fluid.

On the home front school front. We finished out unit on Stewardship. This week we began a new unit on Patience. In this unit the kids will learn what it means to wait by looking at how things grow. More lessons on baby to come. How ironic that we should be learning all this and I am pregnant -- talk about a living classroom.

Josh is doing well in 3rd grade. He is beginning to get some of the basics that just did not come last year.  Miss Shelby, to smart for her own good at times, continues to be a challenge, but she is a smart one. She advanced from Kindergarten this quarter and is now in 1st grade.  She is so proud of herself--of course we are proud too. I still am amazed at what she can do--not that I should be as I see it with my own eyes. She has begun to pick up some of Josh's lazy habits and tries to play the "I can't do it" card. So I leave the room because I will not play that game. Something kicks in, and suddenly she can do it, and perfectly and neatly too.

Thank you, and please continue to keep us in your prayers through the next few months. And may God bless your home as He has ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment