Welcome

It is my hope that through this blog I can share experiences and challenges from day to day life.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Topsy-Turvy

Although it need not be said...we often take the little things for granted until it is too late.  I was reminded of this fact this morning when dropping our son off to school.  Our son despite his many challenges, trys to be independent.  Most of the time he does very well.  This morning he proved that it only takes a misguided footing or minor change in things to turn everything literally upside down. 

When we pulled up to drop him off for school, he proceeded to open the door as usual.  However, today I am not sure exactly what happened..one second I am saying "have a great day" and the next I am watching helplessly as he is falling head first out the door.  I flung out my door to see how he was --praying the whole way around the truck.  Thankfully he is fine, but I kept him home just in case, so I could watch him as he landed on his head.

As I was driving home after this incident, I was reminded how it does not take much to get it us off balance in our day to day walk.  We must keep our eyes and hearts focused  on our heavenly Father so as not to be lead astray.
 Proverbs 3
              5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
              6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.[a]
              7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
              8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.

Life is crazy enough without being turned upside down by the unknown that catches us off guard.  I prefer the Topsy-turvys of life being confined to roller coaster rides only--when at all possible.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment