Welcome

It is my hope that through this blog I can share experiences and challenges from day to day life.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tweet Tweet

As in the animal with wings--not the social media network, although I am coming to find that we may have gotten out twitter ideas from the little critters.  Sometimes I find it would be so nice to be able to blink and then print or post the picture we was.

As we have been learning all about birds the past 2 weeks (with one to go) the kids have really enjoyed learning about our fair feathered friend.  Our daughter, Shelby has really enjoyed going out early in the morning and sitting quietly (a feat even I am impressed with) and eating breakfast while she watches the birds.  Or standing just inside the sliding door and watching the birds gather around to get the seed.  This morning was one of those moments I wish I could have posted my sight.  I stepped out side to pour seed out for the many waiting Sparrows that had gathered.  But instead of just throwing out on the patio, I stepped out, leaned over and poured in a small area, and before I could stand a dozen little sparrows came flickering over to eat the seeds.  So I froze wanting to see just how close they would get to me--all the while Shelby was watching behind the curtain.  They came to within a few inches of my reach.  I slowly stood and walked back in the house.  It was very cool to say the least.  Now to get the humming birds to gather.

I am anxiously awaiting our next unit.  First we will look at Lighthouses and their importance in guiding others to safety.  Then we will spend some time looking at Kings & queens, castles and knights.  I anticipate some fun posts.

Does anyone have some fun experiences with or in lighthouses?  Anyone have any cool pictures they can share?

No comments:

Post a Comment